SPARS – the Recording Association for over 32 Years
This page describes the various membership levels for new members. If you are a current member of SPARS and wish to renew your membership please follow this link: Renew Membership.
The Value of Investing In SPARS Membership…
Thank you for your interest in SPARS, The Society of Professional Audio Recording Services. A PDF version of our brochure can be downloaded here. You can submit your membership information and join on-line below.
Thank you again for your interest in SPARS. If you have questions or require assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact the National Office at 800-771-7727.
* Active Membership – $150.00
Open to recording and mastering facilities engaged in providing professional audio recording or production services.
* Individual Membership – $99.00
Open to individual engineers and producers unaffiliated with any studio, and operators of private (non-commercial) project recording facilities.
* Student Membership – $25.00
Open to any individual currently enrolled in a school, university or other institution offering audio education or courses.
* Manufacturer/Support Service Provider – $350.00
Open to companies providing products or services to the professional audio recording or mastering industry.
* Educational Membership – $250.00
Open to institutions providing training in audio recording, mastering, or audio facility management – includes institutions which operate audio production or mastering facilities.
* Platinum Sponsorship – $1,000 additional over dues
The core philosophy of membership in any organization is “benefits and benefactoring.” SPARS is deeply indebted to companies who generously support the activities of SPARS through “Platinum Sponsorship.” Becoming a Platinum Sponsor provides SPARS with additional resources to pursue new member benefits and services while also helping to sustain SPARS’ core services to the industry. We ask every member to consider investing in both SPARS and our industry through a Platinum Sponsorship.
Platinum Sponsorship helps:
- sustain SPARS’ activities in sharing practical, “hands-on” business information about facility ownership, management and operations
- enable SPARS to survey its membership on important issues, reflecting and disseminating the voice of the production community
- support educational activities such as business topic panels, appearances and participation at conferences
- subsidize the University Lecture Series and Assessment Program for Education
- enable current, relevant content placement on the web site
- subsidize publications such as the Time Code Primer and Occupational Handbook
- enable the Society to maintain the relevancy and utility of the SPARS Test
- enhance our ability to pursue productive alliances with affiliate organizations throughout the world, such as those in England, Canada, and Japan
Platinum Sponsors receive:
- prominent listings on our web site and in all Society materials, including banner ads
- reduced or complimentary registration to selected SPARS events
- enhanced display materials on our kiosk
- discounts on publications, advertising and publication sponsorship
- membership data file
- waiver of selected regional and luncheon event administration fees
- personal board interface
To join SPARS, please fill out the form below: